Bone Nutrient Formula
Bone Nutrient Formula combines five highly-researched minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. We have selected optimally absorbable forms of calcium and magnesium, as well as supportive nutrients crucial for bone health; boron, vitamin D3 and vitamin K2. This formula contains no additives, fillers, excipients or inactive ingredients.
Please note - Calcium is a bulky mineral that takes up a lot of space in capsules. This formula should be taken with a separate calcium supplement for best results.
Active ingredients per capsule:
|Calcium (as citrate)||100mg|
|Magnesium (as glycinate)||50mg|
|Boron (as glycinate)||3mg|
|Vitamin K2 (as MK-7)||200mcg|
Contains no additives, fillers, excipients or inactive ingredients
Calcium is well known to be necessary for bone health, however taking it alone may only help to slow the rate at which bone is lost. Effective absorption and healthful use of calcium requires multiple supportive nutrients including vitamin D3, vitamin K2, vitamin C, magnesium and boron.
Magnesium is a key constituent of the bone matrix and supports calcium absorption as well as production of the enzyme which activates vitamin D. Stress and a number of commonly prescribed medicines (e.g. oral contraceptives, proton pump inhibitors) increase the risk of magnesium deficiency.
Vitamin K2 is absorbed into the blood vessels then distributed into tissue and bones, where it supports essential development and maintenance of bones and teeth. It is difficult to obtain sufficient levels of K2 for bone health from a normal Western diet. MK-7 is regarded as the most helpful supplemental form of K2 as it stays available in the body for several days and helps produce a reserve of K2.
Boron improves calcium retention and magnesium absorption, and increases the time vitamin D remains in circulation. In women it improves oestrogen's abilty to increase calcium and magnesium absorption into bone, which is most beneficial during and after menopause. Boron may be especially helpful in men as they age, because it increases the amount of free testosterone in circulation.
Vitamin D is required for the active absorption of calcium; without it, only about 10 to 15 percent of calcium consumed is absorbed. Some individuals require increased vitamin D intake, for example those with inherited genetic conditions, high body weight, decreased daily sun exposure or older age. Vitamin D3 is required daily as it has a number of important roles in the body that other forms of vitamin D cannot perform.
Pizzorno, L. Osteoporosis. In: Pizzorno JE. Murray MT, editors. Textbook of Natural Medicine [Internet]. 5th ed. Churchill Livingstone; 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 20]. p. 1633-58.e17. Available from: https://www.clinicalkey.com.au/#!/content/book/3-s2.0-B978032343044900203X
- Always follow directions for use, if you have any questions please contact us
- If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your health professional
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, always talk to your health professional if you suspect you may have an undiagnosed medical condition
- Not recommended for use in children unless otherwise advised by a health professional
- Please note - Calcium is a bulky mineral that takes up a lot of space in capsules. This formula should be taken with a calcium supplement for best results
- This product should not be used if you have a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients
PREGNANCY & BREASTFEEDING
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or planning for pregnancy, talk to your health professional before use
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications (including supplements, herbal or over-the-counter) always talk to your health professional before use
- Some supplements may need to be stopped for a certain period before elective surgery or medical tests, please confirm with your health professional
Take ONE capsule ONCE a day with food, or as directed by your health care professional
Store all medicines out of reach of children or pets.
Always check the expiry date on the label and do not use this product past the expiry date.
Keep in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C. Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Do not store this product, or any medicines in the bathroom or near a sink.