Artisan Calming Formula
This product has been formulated to assist with improving the symptoms of stress and anxiety. It is made up of a blend of herbal extracts, amino acids, and minerals that have been studied and used in traditional Chinese medicine and modern integrative medicine.
Active ingredients per capsule:
|Passion Flower Extract||120mg|
|Jubube Extract (Ziziphus Jujuba)||84mg|
Passionflower is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine for insomnia and nervous conditions and has been found to possess anxiolytic, spasmolytic, mild sedative and hypnotic properties.
Bone K. The Ultimate Herbal Compendium. Phytotherapy Press, Warwick, Qld. 2007: 52.
The herb contains a flavonoid, chrysin, which may contribute to not just the anxiolytic, but also the sedative activity of passionflower.
Zanoli P, Avallone R, Baraldi M. Behavioral characterisation of the flavonoids apigenin and chrysin. Fitoterapia.2000;71 Suppl 1:S117-123.
Magnolia Bark Extract
The bark contains magnolol and honokiol, two polyphenolic compounds that have been demonstrated as peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) agonists and GABAA modulators.
Honokiol and magnolol as multifunctional antioxidative molecules fordermatologic disorders. Molecules. 15: 6452–65. Sep 16, 2010.
Jujube Extract (Ziziphus jujuba)
Ziziphus jujuba has a sedative effect. In vitro studies have shown anxiolytic and sedative effect of Z. jujuba extract which is due to affinity to serotonin, benzodiazepine, dopamine and GABA receptors. Spinosine which is found in Z. jujuba has decreased sleep latency and increased sleep duration. Evaluation of various compounds of Jujuba extract has proved that saponins have more hypnotic effects compared with flavonoids and polysaccharides. Studies have shown that the Z. jujuba extract has sedative effects by inhibiting glutamate-mediated pathway in hippocampus.
Res Pharm Sci. 2015 Nov-Dec; 10(6): 477–484.
The green tea amino acid, L-theanine is associated with several health benefits.
Williams JL, et al. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2019.
Unlike other forms of magnesium, it effectively crosses the blood-brain barrier to enter the brain.
Slutsky et al. Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium. Neuron, 2010; 65
- Always follow directions for use, if you have any questions please contact us
- If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your health professional
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, always talk to your health professional if you suspect you may have an undiagnosed medical condition
- Not recommended for use in children unless otherwise advised by a health professional
- This product should not be used if you have a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients
PREGNANCY & BREASTFEEDING
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or planning for pregnancy, talk to your health professional before use
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications (including supplements, herbal or over-the-counter) always talk to your health professional before use
- Some supplements may need to be stopped for a certain period before elective surgery or medical tests, please confirm with your health professional
Take ONE capsule up to THREE times daily, or as directed by your health care practitioner
Always check the expiry date on the label and do not use this product past the expiry date.
Store all medicines out of reach of children or pets. Keep in a cool dry place where the temperature stays below 25°C. Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Do not store this supplement, or any medicines in the bathroom or near a sink.